Holiday Let Terms & Conditions
Please read this document carefully. When you make a booking requests with us (whether in person, email, phone or post) these conditions are deemed to have been fully accepted by you, and you agree to comply with them.
Welcome to Cardwen Farm. Cardwen Farm and Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages include the entire site, access to, use of, and the individual properties known as Cardwen Farmhouse, Hook Cottage, Erin Cottage and Lily Cottage.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you use or access the site and property, or make reservations / bookings as these terms and conditions apply when doing so. It is advisable to print or save a copy of this document for your reference.
When booking your holiday through a third party agent, such as Sykes.com or Helpfulholidays.co.uk (and any other legitimate agent authorised to act on our behalf) you are ADDITIONALLY accepting Terms and Conditions of that party.
Please refer back to these Terms and Conditions for each booking in case of updates.
If you have and queries or concerns regarding these Terms and Conditions please contact us email@example.com, 07827763298. Cardwen Farm, Pelynt, Looe, PL13 2LU.
2.1 Your privacy is taken very seriously. Covid -19 has meant the Government has asked us to retain your contact data for 30+ days in order to facilitate the NHS Track and Trace. At time of writing we are waiting for more information on this, and will update our terms and conditions to reflect Government requirements.
2.2 Your data will be secured and NOT shared by us to any other third party except those stated here.
Your data IS stored on “Quickbooks” (www.intuit.com). This is an accounting software platform we use to run our business. Contact data will be shared on request to an authorised government representative to assist with NHS Track and Trace.
- Property and services descriptions
3.1 We make every effort to ensure that our property and services descriptions are accurate and complete. These descriptions include details of the properties, maximum occupancy numbers, photos, availability for booking, fees and additional charges. We may during repairs and maintenance make minor adjustments. We will regularly update photos and descriptions where required. Should we discover a significant error relating to information provided we will contact you should the information relate to your booking.
3.2 Booking fees are per property and not per person. It is your responsibility to check the booking information, terms and conditions and pricing before confirming and making your booking.
4.Making a booking
4.1 To be eligible to make a booking you and enter into a contract with us you must:
– Be 18 years of age or over, and have legal capacity to enter into legally binding agreements.
– Provide your real name including title, first and surname. Phone number (preferably Mobile number in order for us to be able to contact you whilst you are staying on Cardwen Farm), email address, home address and other requested information including but not limited to number of guests staying and number of pets.
– Pay minimum of 10% deposit at booking – unless released from this by us – by Bank Transfer or cash when paying in person. At this time we are unable to take card payments but will review this in the future. We do not accept cheques, unless by special release from these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse cheques as a method of payment.
4.2 By making a booking and sharing your contact information with us you agree to us contacting you in relation to your booking. We may also contact you to share news and booking availability from Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages. Please inform us if you do NOT wish to be contacted by us in the future to share news and or special offers / availability.
4.3 By making a booking with us you agree to pay us in full all amounts due in respect to bookings and additional services rendered.
4.4 When booking direct we will inform all third party agents e.g. Sykes.com that the dates you have selected are no longer available. In the unlikely event the same dates are booked simultaneously we will seek resolution with all parties that may involve a mutually agreeable change of dates, or will refund all monies.
4.5 When a booking is received we will confirm either via email, text or verbally the booking details. When we receive confirmation that the booking information is correct either verbally or in writing ( including text, email, letter etc) we will send an invoice via quickbooks. Accordingly, nothing we say or do amounts to a booking taking place and entering into this agreement until appropriate and correct monies have been cleared into our bank account.
- Fees, charges and payments and cancellation by you
5.1 All charges are quoted in pounds sterling.
5.2 Charges for bookings/hire of properties regularly fluctuate. Please check the price at the time of booking, as this may then be different to previously advertised prices. Once a booking has been confirmed following deposit payment and invoice issued the charge for booking/hire will not change.
5.3 We do not charge a fee for the process of making a booking.
5.4 Unless released from these terms and conditions (relating to 5. Fees, charges and payment) by special arrangement from Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages, 10% of the total charge is payable on booking.
5.5 Full and final payment of the balance of the holiday is payable 6 weeks before check in.
5.6 For cancellation of your booking 6 weeks notice is required to receive a full refund of monies received by us for the booking.
5.7 For cancellations received in less than 6 weeks, 10% (the deposit) will be retained. This 10% amount can be used against the cost of another booking where the dates of the new booking are within 12 months of the check in date of the original booking.
5.8 For cancellations received with less than 2 weeks notice the full amount is due. Please note by accepting our terms and conditions you agree to full payment before check in date.
5.9 You will be responsible for any fees incurred in the recovery of any monies outstanding including cost of legal fees incurred especially when assigned to our contracted debt collection agency should this be required. If you do not make any payment to Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and/or charge you interest on the overdue amount at the rate of four percent (4%) a year above the base lending rate of the Bank of Engand. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgement. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
5.10 You agree to pay in total and full the cost of any charges incurred following damage or mis-use of any property owned by Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages. Not limited to damage, this includes extra cleaning charges incurred after check out should properties be found to not have been reasonably left in the condition provided at check in. You are also liable for any costs incurred should the following check in to the next party be delayed or cancelled. This cost is not limited to fees incurred, and includes damage to business reputation where disruption is severe.
5.11 At this time we have chosen NOT to charge a Good Housekeeping Bond, and instead will enforce term & condition 5.10 at our discretion.
5.12 Please check your invoice which forms your confirmation and inform us as soon as possible if you think there is a mistake with your booking.
- Gift vouchers
- You may order gift vouchers by email or phone. We will send e-vouchers or can produce presentation Gift Vouchers on request within 30 days of enquiry.
- Gift vouchers are available denominations of £50 and can be used only in full, we are unable to process part payments using vouchers.
- Gift vouchers are valid for a period of 12 months from issue, and can be used for a booking where the check in starts before the vouchers expiry.
- If a booking is purchased using a gift vouchers and is subsequently cancelled any refunded amount will be credited to the gift voucher up to its used value. Where a part payment has been made using a voucher the voucher will be refunded in the first instance the any balance returned via bank transfer.
- Your right to cancel or transfer a booking
- Please contact us if you would like to amend your booking. We reserve the right to refuse a change of dates where less than two weeks notice have been given before check in to original
- You may not transfer your contract with us to another person. If you do not stay at Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages during the booked period but your guest do, you will still be legally responsible for all your obligations under these terms and conditions and your guests compliance with them.
- Please see paragraphs 5.3 to 5.9.
- Cancellations of your booking by Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages
- We may cancel, or end during your stay, your booking if:
- We become aware of any health and safety or quality related issues restricting or preventing access to the properties or the immediate surroundings. Including and not limited to central Government issued emergency measures, such as a Pandemic response, local government preventing access due to fire or flood, or contamination to water supplies. We indemnify ourselves against circumstances outside of our reasonable control and cannot be liable to compensate you for distress or damages caused due to circumstances beyond our control.
- If Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages cancels or ends before check out a booking in accordance with paragraph 8 we may, but are not obliged to, arrange alternative accommodation for you and your guests of equivalent type and standard in a similar location where reasonably possible. We will not be liable for any costs associated with arranging alternative accommodation and such alternative may be subject to the payment of additional charges by you should this alternative accommodation have higher charges. We acknowledge that these are not ideal circumstances and will try our best to make this process as easy as we can for yourselves.
- Should you feel that you wish to cancel a booking during your stay due to circumstances referred to within paragraph 8 and a reasonable alternative is found by Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages that is refused by you, you are still liable for the cost of remaining on the property on a nightly basis.
- If no alternative can be reasonably found you will be refunded the remaining stay calculated at a nightly rate where the first overnight stay has occurred, less £75 for initial cleaning costs incurred by first night stay. You may in addition be offered to rebook your stay in the same property at a reduced rate at a mutually convenient date dependent upon availability.
- Booking restrictions
- The maximum holiday period in most circumstances is 28 days, however the 2020 Covid-19 government response has set a precedence for changes to this is in extraordinary circumstances and specific conditions.
- Your responsibilities
- You must make sure that all the information you provide to us in connection with your booking is true, accurate, current and complete. If any of the provided details change you must promptly update your details to us.
- You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account.
- You promise to Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages that during the holiday period;
- The number of guests occupying the property will not exceed the number stated at booking.
- You and your guests will show all due consideration and
respect for owners, owners representatives, neighbours, other guests and persons with a connection to the property. This includes refraining from abusing your stewardship of the property, dangerous, offensive, violent or anti-social behaviour (including loud noise especially, but not exclusively, after 10pm) towards such persons or parties.
- That you and your guests will us the property and services lawfully, not abuse provided facilities and will comply with any and all health and safety or other policies or instructions notified to you.
- Allow owners or representatives of Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages access to the property at any reasonable time during the holiday period, or at any time in any emergency (this may be without notice during an emergency) provided the owners provide reasonable advance notice according to the situation.
- To keep the property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the property in the same state or repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday period and to ensure that at the end of that period the property is in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found.
- To additionally follow recent Covid 19 guidelines listed below
- To report as soon as possible to owners or owners representatives (not children of) any breakages or damages caused by you or your guests during holiday period. You promise to fully reimburse Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages for the cost of replacement of repair for such breakages or damages. Properties are checked before and after each stay, with standards and any discrepancies recorded. We have evidence of standards before check and will provide evidence of this should guests deny damages which we follow up with (not excluding County Court Action). Should you find any discrepancy with the standard expected on check in this must be reported to the owner or owners representatives as soon as possible.
- Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages can and may make additional, reasonable charges for professional cleaning and or repair and or replacement after you anf your guests occupancy as may be required to return the property to its original state of cleanliness and tidiness. We reserve the right to refuse further bookings by you and/or your guests where we find them in breach of these terms and conditions.
- To arrive not earlier than 5pm on day of check in.
- To have all windows open by 9am on day of check out.
- To of vacated the property by 10am on day of departure unless alternative check in and out times have been previously agreed by you with Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages.
- Not to allow any other person than you and your predetermined guests to use the facilities and amenities of the property without the express permission of owners. Please be aware that knowing the overnight occupation number in each cottage forms part of the Fire Risk Assessment.
- To notify all guests of their obligations under these terms and conditions. You will be responsible for the guests staying even if you are not staying at the property.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you, your guests and any pets have the relevant travel, health and insurance documents and requirements needed for visiting this country. These include passport, or other identification documents, visa requiements and, incase of pets, vaccines or microchips. We will not be laible for any exoenses incurred resulting from your missing, incorrect or imcomplete documentation or non compliance with such requirements. We further recommend for overseas visitors that the UK Government Foreign Office advice is monitored and adhered to.
- In the event that you and or any guest fail to comply with the requirements set out on paragraph 10.17 Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages may refuse to allow you and your guests to enter and stay at the property or can require you and your guests to leave the property before the end of the holiday period. In either case you will be treated as having broken the terms of the contract and the provision for the Owner to end a rental contract will apply.
11 Owner responsibilities
11.1 Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages will:
11.2 Perform advertised services using reasonable care, diligence and skill;
11.3 Notify you as soon as reasonably possible of any changes to the property and or services relating to your booking which would make our description of the property inaccurate or misleading;
11.4 Ensure the property is vacant giving you and your guests exclusive access from check in to check out;
11.5 Ensure you have access to keys on check in;
11.6 Not make use of individual cottages during their hire to you;
11.7 Show all due respect and consideration to you and your guests, refraining from offensive, violent or anti-social behaviour towards you and your guests;
11.8 Ensure Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages comply with applicable law and regulation during the holiday period;
11.9 Comply with the terms and conditions here in, acting in good faith at all times;
11.10 Respond to queries, complaints and problems which arise during or after the holiday period and use best efforts to resolve them.
11.11 The owner promises to you that:
11.12 Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages have the right to provide self catering holiday accommodation. It will maintain at own expense insurance to meet owner liabilities and comply with all applicable laws, regulations particularly Health and Safety, planning and data protection.
11.13 The property is maintained, clean and tidy and in good repair at the start of the Holiday Period.
12.1 Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages welcomes 2 dogs per cottage. Please enquire if this does not match your circumstance before booking. If you exceed the stated number of dogs we reserve the right to refuse entry, or end / cancel a holiday and / or ask you to leave.
12.2 You are liable for all damage or dirt caused by your pet. You must remove all traces inside and out from the property of pet occupation before you leave. Including and not limited to hair on curtains, furniture, carpets and bedding including valance sheets. You will be liable in full for any additional, reasonable, charge for professional and or additional cleaning after you, your guests and pets occupancy. You must not let pets on beds and in limited circumstances if pets are allowed on furniture additional clean blankets, towels and protective layers MUST be used. Should you not adhere to the terms of this paragraph we may notify that you have broken these terms and require you and your guests to leave the property without compensation before the end of the holiday period.
12.3 Registered assistance dogs are of course welcomed.
12.4 If you have pet allergies please be aware we cannot guarantee that dogs have not stayed in the properties, or despite best and reasonable efforts to clean properties between stays we cannot accept responsibility for any suffering which may occur as a result of pets previously staying in properties.
12.5 There are 4 holiday cottages that all welcome dogs on site. We cannot guarantee that should you not bring your own pets you will not interact with other animals whilst on site.
12.6 Cardwen Farmhouse has a small secure space in the front garden of the property. Erin Cottage, Lily Cottage and Hook Cottage do not have individual secure areas. The whole garden and grounds are accessible to responsible owners and dogs.
13.1 You are strongly advised to take out adequate travel insurance.
13.2 You acknowledge that personal belongings and vehicles (together with their contents) belonging to you and your guests are left at the property entirely at your and their own risk. We accept no liability to you for any loss, damage or injury to you or your guests or their personal property during the holiday period except to the extent that such loss, damage or injury is caused by our negligence.
14 Owners’ liability
14.1 Cardwen Farm does not exclude or limit in any way liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability fir death or personal injury caused by negligence or negligence of agents or subcontractors, for fraud or misrepresentation, or breach of your legal rights in relation to services rendered.
14.2 If you or Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages fail to comply with these terms and conditions neither you nor Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages shall be responsible for any losses that the other suffers as a result, except those losses which are foreseeable consequence of the failure to comply with those terms. Losses are foreseeable where they were contemplated by you and Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages at the time a booking is completed.
15 Your rights as a consumer
15.1 Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with our respective agreements with you. You have certain legal rights as a consumer under the law and nothing in these terms and conditions affect your legal rights. Advice about your legal rights can be sought from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. For further information please visit the Citizens Advice Bureau website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 50 06.
16 Your right to end an agreement
16.1 you may immediately end our agreement;
If we notify you of a significant error in the charges or description of our services and you notify us you do not wish to proceed. Nothing in this paragraph affects your legal rights.
17 Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages right to end an agreement
17.1 We may immediately terminate our agreement with you and where necessary ask you and your guests to leave the property where you have not met the terms and conditions listed within this document or followed other guidance and instruction reasonably given or asked either verbally and or in writing.
17.2 Where you are asked to leave you and your guests must;
17.3 leave the property as soon as possible;
17.4 return keys to key boxes
17.5 comply with reasonable instruction on what condition to leae the property in.
17.6 Where you choose to end your holiday early you must let owners and or owner representatives (not children) know you have left and will not return. This is forms an important part of Fire Safety.
18.1 In the first instance please make complaints as they may arise in person in order for a swift and reasonable resolution to be made. We will take complaints seriously and seek to resolve them as soon as reasonably practical.
18.2 We respectfully and politely request that Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages are given, in the first instance, the opportunity to rectify any complaints and request that social media, feedback and review forums are not the first place to air any grievance as this may unfairly damage the reputation of Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages permanently.
19 Other terms and conditions
19.1 Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages do not and will not discriminate anyone, in particular on basis of any protected characteristic as set out under The Equality Act 2010 and Disability Discrimination Act 2005.
We welcome all and will not tolerate any behaviour by any other guest in contradiction of this ethic. This forms part of our terms and conditions. We reserve the right to end a holiday without compensation if we are made aware of any unwelcome behaviour relating to paragraph 19.1.
19.2 Events beyond our reasonable control. If we are prevented or delayed from complying with any obligations under these Terms and Conditions by anything ( or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do or due to events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control the inability or delay in performing those obligations will not be treated as a breach of the terms of this document. For example, fire, flood, strikes, civil disorder, acts of terrorism, war and pandemic.
19.3 Should a legitimate court find parts of these terms and conditions illegal, the rest will still remain inforce. Each paragraph of this document operates separately.
19.4 Should Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages delay in enforcing a condition of this document it does not exclude us from enforcing this condition at a later date.
- Pandemic response
20.1 Whilst following best practice guidance wherever reasonably possible, legislations as it arises and HSE guidance; Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages, its owners, indemnify ourselves against any losses arising from Covid-19 and all and any other further pandemic or serious infectious illness.
20.2 You must follow all and any government issued instruction and guidance.
20.3 You must inform us whilst social distancing if you suspect that you or any of your guests have symptoms of Covid-19 or any other serious or potentially infectious life threatening virus.
20.4 You should phone your GP and request a Covid-19 test.
20.5 You MUST immediately return home.
20.6 If the test is positive you MUST inform us so that we can assist with NHS Track and Trace. We must have 72 hours before allowing anyone else into the property. We cannot understate the importance of informing us : TO SAVE LIVES
20.7 Guests are fully liable for all and any costs incurred following and need for a holiday being cut short. We will not compensate guests who have to leave early.
20.8 Where additional professional cleaning or decontamination is required following your stay this cost is entirely passed to you. We will seek to recover all costs. Your agreement to these terms forms part of our terms and conditions.
20.9 You agree to open all windows sufficiently to allow air flow throughout the building by 9am on day of departure.
20.10 You agree to remove all bedding – without shaking – and place in a bin liner style bag, seal and leave by the door on day of departure. (Mattress and pillow protectors should be left on the bed and will be removed by cleaning staff). Duvets will be disinfected and/or swapped between stays. Towels must be bagged separately and left by the door. Bags will be provided. All linen and towels will be washed at a minimum of 60 degrees.
20.11 You are invited to bring your own bedding and or towels but we request that you let us know in advance in order for us to make adequate storage arrangements for our own bedding / duvets etc.
20.12 You are not permitted to isolate in place on Cardwen Farm and must return home. You are not allowed to shelter at Cardwen Farm Holiday Cottages.
20.13 If we have to isolate a cottage for 72 hours and then additionally to be able to clean the cottage and this prevents or affects the following booking you are liable for the reasonable costs and losses this incurs.
20.14 Cardwen Farm will continue to review Paragraph 20, Covid terms and conditions and where applicable will inform you as soon as reasonably possibly of significant changes.
20.15 You must follow any and all reasonable instructions relating to Covid-19.
20.16 You are strictly required to leave the hired property cleaned and tidy. This includes wiping down all high contact points. Information will be provided in the Welcome Folder.
20.17 Hand sanitiser is provided at the entrance to properties. You must reasonably follow measures put in place to protect you, other guests, representatives of Cardwen Farm, visitors and residents.
- Open water
21.1 There are several open water areas on site, rivers and ponds. Please take care with young children and animals. Do not leave children unattended.
22.1 Cots are provided as we find them from the manufactuer. They are travel cots and will not be provided with additional mattress. This is the manufacturers specification of the product. We will not provide cot bedding.
"The Cottage was beautiful, every was described accurately."
Mrs Parsons, June 2019
"The Cottage was beautiful, every was described accurately."
Mrs Parsons, June 2019
"The Cottage was beautiful, every was described accurately."
Mrs Parsons, June 2019